Anchour is a branding agency based in Maine. We work with brands to inspire their audiences to action. Impactful brands leave an impression and wield genuine influence. Creating this type of work is what brings us together, and it’s what keeps us moving forward.
Today brands are embodied by human experiences. It is more important than ever to orchestrate moments which provide value. The role of a web designer at Anchour is to discover, understand, and prioritize people’s needs & goals alongside our client’s objectives. We cultivate experiences that matter through an interdisciplinary approach to strategy, research, and design. Our specialties are designing & optimizing e-commerce websites, marketing websites, and service-oriented experiences which put people first.
Objectives & responsibilities
- Organize & structure complex information to help diverse audiences easily find what they need.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients about content and user experience strategy.
- Contribute to content planning - sitemaps, navigation outlines, and project plans.
- Define interface logic & behavior, always keeping human behaviors and needs in mind.
- Continue learning and advocating user-centered design methodologies amongst the broader team.
- Support colleagues with knowledge and expertise across UX practice within Anchour.
- Documentation and sharing of tools and resources across areas of expertise.
- Effective communication across roles and disciplines.
- Collaboration and accountability amongst colleagues.
- Fostering inclusive and respectful partnerships with diverse team members and clients.
- Active participation in duties and activities both in-person and remotely.
- Genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for Anchour as an organization helping clients navigate change.
Skills and requirements
- A user-centric mindset, dedicated to understanding user needs
- Communication, collaboration, adaptability, and teamwork
- Problem-solving through design thinking
- Attention to detail, alongside a creative and analytical approach
- Strong understanding of interaction design principles
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Sketch or Figma, and the Adobe creative suite
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine design systems
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice visually
- Communicate design solutions to developers and stakeholders
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
What you value
- You’re a facilitator
- You put people first
- You’re an active listener and a great communicator
- Inclusive design is important to you
- You care deeply about accessibility and have an understanding of WCAG guidelines
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Matching 401k.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Opportunity to work remote or from our newly renovated office in Lewiston, Maine.
To apply, email us your resume, and a single-page description of why you’d be the best fit to [email protected].