A Senior Designer at Anchour is a courageous, confident, and collaborative leader who’s eager to help push brands and our team forward. You’ll be responsible for connecting with our clients’ business goals and strategic direction and leveraging that knowledge to autonomously craft holistic brand identities and digital experiences. You’ll both work independently and collaboratively with our design team and cross-functionally across strategy, digital, and web teams, to develop groundbreaking creative, give and receive feedback, and solve challenges in timely and thoughtful ways. You’ll always be hands-on—for brainstorming, creative development, critique, and client presentations across a variety of industries. In this exciting role at Anchour, you’ll help lead our Creative team by example, continually improve the caliber of our work, and help drive one of Maine’s fastest-growing companies.
At Anchour, we build impactful brands. Our clients work in a wide range of industries and our partnerships include strategy, branding, website design, development, content strategy, video production, and full-service digital marketing. Our goal is to represent our clients in a way that’s not only expressive and engaging, but true to their vision.
What We’d Like To See
- 5+ years of working experience (agency, freelance, contract, in-house, etc.)
- Agency experience is a plus
- Proven command of cross-channel design deliverables, particularly brand identity, websites, digital experiences, collateral, and campaigns.
- A portfolio demonstrating boundary-pushing brand identities and digital work.
- A strong collaborator and articulate communicator with equal confidence to present to clients, lead internal working sessions, and provide feedback.
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to sell work on behalf of the team.
- Ongoing knowledge of current trends in branding, marketing, UX, and digital experiences, and the ability to translate into actionable feedback and critique.
- A strategic thinker with great interest in applying strategy to design.
- Ability to work within the confines of designated timelines and scopes.
- A can-do attitude that’s free of ego.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (and Figma is a plus).
What to Expect:
We are an ever-growing team of creatively diverse and driven individuals who are constantly adapting to the growing needs of our clients. Your role will lead conceptual development of identity and brand systems while helping to support ongoing client initiatives including, campaigns, emails, advertisements, print collateral, packaging, wireframes and much more. Our environment is fast-paced and yet fun. Someone who is positive, nimble, and eager to learn and grow will thrive here at Anchour.
As a full-time Anchour employee you’ll get:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits including medical and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Amazing clients to work with
- Cool open office vibes
- Lots of snacks (and seltzer)
- A close-knit, hardworking team that has fun and loves a good challenge
- Preferably an in-office position but open to remote applicants
To apply, email us your resume, your portfolio, and a single-page description of why you’d be the best fit to [email protected].