The role of Content Strategy professionals at Anchour is to guide the creation and delivery of valuable, usable content. We develop content that matters through an interdisciplinary approach to strategy, research, and design.
The Content Strategy discipline is part of our small but growing UX team. UX & Content Strategy staff work with clients and our in-house agency team to create beautiful digital experiences. We specialize in designing, developing, and optimizing e-commerce websites, marketing websites, and service-oriented experiences that put people first. In this thoughtful role, you'll see your hard work come to life in many ways, and for many unique brands, and you'll have the opportunity to join one of Maine's fastest growing companies.
At Anchour, we build unforgettable brands and digital experiences that drive business results. Based in Maine, we support clients both locally and nationally in a wide range of industries including consumer goods, hospitality, financial services, healthcare, and education. Our partnerships involve strategy, branding, website design, development, copywriting, and full-service digital marketing.
Anchour is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you're parenting the next generation of change makers, we believe that we produce our best work when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Objectives & responsibilities
As a member of our Content Strategy team, you'll take on the following objectives & responsibilities.
Guide client-facing content planning activities and decisions
- Interview stakeholders about their roles, experience, needs, and expectations to help identify which client goals will drive content planning for each project
- Gather information about client audiences and users to inform content planning
- Document user needs and write user stories
- Inventory and audit existing content
- Contribute to website project planning & documentation
Create valuable, usable content for website users
- Create and improve sitemap and navigation outlines to support user needs and project goals
- Create content wireframes or content priority guides to outline content at the page and component level
- Create and maintain content planning documentation to guide the authoring, editing, and migration of website content
- Facilitate the creation of content through virtual and or in-person workshops with clients and team members
Deliver content in a way that is useful and usable
- Develop content templates describing content purpose at the page and component level
- Create and or incorporate editorial guidelines and content style guides
- Contribute to writing copy and content direction or requirements for multimedia and creative content
- Contribute to creating guidelines for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) content such as metadata or schemas
- Contribute to decisions about structuring and organizing content in content management systems such as WordPress and Shopify
What We'd Like To See:
Our goal is to build a content team made up of people who have diverse strengths and backgrounds. Don't hesitate to apply even if you feel you may not “check all the boxes.” We want to hear from you about what your skills are today and how you'd like to learn and grow in the future. That said, we're looking for content professionals with the following.
- Experience in a role such as Content Strategy, Content Design, UX Writing, Information Architecture, UX Strategy, or a similar discipline. We're not picky about job titles
- 1+ years of experience in a UX or content strategy-related role.
- Experience developing wireframes, microcopy, sitemaps, content direction, and content priority guides.
- A portfolio with demonstrated, tangible work.
- An inclusive, human-centered approach to content planning
- A user-centric mindset dedicated to understanding both business and end-user needs
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- A desire to collaborate with team members and clients
- Keen attention to detail, alongside a creative and analytical approach
- Confidence presenting work and ability to share ideas to a range of high-level clients.
- A collaborative and ego-free personality, with enthusiasm for working with and receiving input from our team of designers, strategists, and developers.
- Be excited about contributing to project & content planning documentation
What You'll Get:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Matching 401k.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Opportunity to work remote or from our newly renovated office in Lewiston, Maine.
To apply, email us your resume and a single-page description of why you'd be the best fit to [email protected]