A Brand Copywriter at Anchour is a thoughtful, creative, and efficient executor who is equally excited about creating a strategic foundation for words as they are about writing them. You should have a demonstrated passion for writing across multiple mediums, including digital copy, websites, email, video scripts, social media, and print. You should feel confident developing the overall brand voice, positioning, and messaging for a wide variety of brand partners, audiences, and touch points. You’ll own your own strategic/creative projects and should be eager to immerse in research and client conversation to develop brand definition documents, bring forward big ideas, provide strategic perspective to the creative process, and create on-brand copy that maintains brand vision and voice. In this fast-paced role, you’ll see your hard work come to life in many characters, mediums, and for many unique brands, and have the opportunity to join one of Maine’s fastest growing companies.
At Anchour, we build unforgettable brands and digital experiences that drive business results. Based in Maine, we support clients both locally and nationally in a wide range of industries including consumer goods, hospitality, financial services, healthcare, and education. Our partnerships involve strategy, branding, website design, development, copywriting, video production, and full-service digital marketing.
Anchour is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of change makers, we believe that we produce our best work when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
What We’d Like To See:
- An exciting portfolio with demonstrated work across multiple channels, including digital copy, websites, email, video scripts, social media, and print.
- 3-5 years experience in a writing-related role.
- Comfort in a quick-changing, multi-tasking environment with the ability to handle a variety of copy-related projects--jumping efficiently from different content types and audience/voice needs with ease.
- Experience developing strategic documentation, including audience definition, brand positioning, voice/tone guidelines, and messaging directives.
- The talent to turn marketing goals and brand objectives into amazing copy that resonates and creates results.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to self-edit for error-free work.
- Confidence presenting work and defending ideas to a range of high-level clients.
- Collaborative and ego-free personality, with enthusiasm for working with and receiving feedback from our team of designers, marketers, and brand managers.
- A deep curiosity about current brands, marketing trends, campaigns, advertising, digital tactics, and the like. An overall interest in culture, news, and current events.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Matching 401k.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Opportunity to work remote and from our beautiful, newly renovated office in Lewiston, Maine.
To apply, email us your portfolio, resume, and a single-page description of why you’d be the best fit to [email protected].